The other day I was bored and did some audio capturing with my Vista machine. For recording I did not use the built-in Sound Recorder. Neither did I use the good old sndrec32. Instead I gave a shot at Audacity. A day after I was so fond of that newly created sound that I decided to create a new ringtone and load it onto my mobile phone. The phone only supported MIDI or MMF. The online Media Convert service traded my mp3 to the needed format. As a last step I had to upload that ringtone to a web server just to download it via the phone.
Here are the steps:
- Record a sound with a microphone
- Save it as wav or mp3
- Upload it to media convert
- Download the mmf version from media convert
- Upload the mmf version to a web server
- Download that with your mobile phone
Update: Alternate service.