Update: Even your GPU has a 2 sec timeout.
How do you estimate time?
- Get data: writing down starting and stopping times
- Shrink to fit: stick to that (good enough) and finish the task in that amount of time
- Only features used all the time should be perfect
- Truly unique features must be perfect
- Features that make customers talk about your solution must be perfect
While I was playing around with Amazon EC2 I thought to highlight the following:
Allow multiple sessions per user
[...] Using a cmd window to type “shadow 0” to shadow to the console window. to exit the shadow on this session just press “Ctrl + * ” (the * seems have to use the * key at the number pad, which is not there if using most of notebook keyboard. wondering if there are settings to change the key map.)
See also: Scaled Remote Desktop
Update: You cannot enable Aero between Windows Server 2008 (remote) and Windows 7 (client). I wish I could have
Melanie talks about improving effectiveness by removing extra steps.
- Broken Things
- Ineffective Team
- Outdated Billing Processes
- Overly Complicated Systems
- Poor Boundaries
- Lack of Communication
See also: Increase your productivity through crowdsourcing by Rhea
When I was trying to use jsc to build a flash component the mxmlc compiler failed to launch with this message:
[exec] Error loading: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
Error loading: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
To fix that I copied from:
to (x86) on 64bit windows
Then I ran the generated swf file in the flash player which told me the following:
VerifyError: Error #1014: Class mx.core::BitmapAsset could not be found.
As this component was not part of the new BrowserApplication project template it had a custom build.bat which needed a new flag to be passed mxmlc.
Update from the future: While setting up a build environment in Amazon EC the same problem occurs.
How can I do that in WebGL?
And how do I visualize functions in WebGL?
Update: There is a library for that – WebGLOT by Dan!
In the following gallery you will be shown just how easy it is to download JSC, install, create a WebGL application (see the original) and run it in your WebGL enabled browser.
Would you want to program your shaders in C# instead? It would look something like this once implemented:
Update: See GLSL overview
Update: See WebGL Awesomeness
More examples: Shadertoy and Collada tron tank
More examples: Chocolux and take screenshot from 3d and Cubepaint
More examples: Raycolor and more and some dancing frogs? and a whale?
Shortest WebGL example
More examples: Ethanol
Update: GLSL minifier, and a small c++ demo
Can we port XNA to WebGL?
Update: For debugging and see WPF OpenGL.
Update: Photoshop effects
Update: Can we have COLLADA within HTML?
Sergeant, where is my bazooka.
I can already see. A looping background HTML Video element with WebGL elements transformed and layered on top.
See this motion tracker demo in Firefox nightly build. What if the video source is a webcam input from over the stratus p2p network? Could there be a game which could detect the opponents face gestures?
See this tracking realtime demo.
Applying the tech above a multiplayer game could look like this:
In the picture above the following items are distinguishable:
- TV or a PC with a large screen
- Mobile Device
- Location and orientation awareness
- Face Gesture Recognition
- Motion Detection
- Augmented Actor or Marker Detection
In the end you will have multiple displays. A widescreen TV, your personal mobile device and the space visible to the camera.
Dynamic Content Injection
In case you missed (like me) the webcasts – here they are.
- Peterson Trethewey O3D “[...] WebGL is for making games”
- Paul Brunt GLGE, WebGL via XML
- Mark Barnes COLLADA
- Giles Thomas Learning WebGL
- Daniel Horn Sirikata
- Daniel B. Miller WebM, Physics in 3D on WebGL
- Trevor Smith Ten minutes to fun (tweakable examples)
- Ewen Cheslack-Postava Scripts and simulation (Object space?)
- Vladimir Vukicevic (File IO makes your app also an Offline Tool)
- Alan Chaney Think Browser! REST!
- Ken Russell Chrome, ANGLE
can have a variety of meanings, from the state of being the case, being in accord with a particular fact or reality, being in accord with the body of real things
, events, actuality, or fidelity to an
original or to a standard. …
Guess what, your truth may differ
from the guy standing next to you because you precieve the world differently. So it appears to change your truth all one has to do is to change your reality. In our digital age it gets simpler by the minute.
What is “real”? How do you define “real”?
[...] the reality principle is one of the two major principles that govern the functioning of the mind. It designates the psyche’s necessary awareness of information concerning reality and stands in contradistinction to the pleasure/unpleasure principle, which seeks the discharge or elimination of …
Don’t trust reality. After all, it’s only a collective hunch. [oneliners]
Do you prefer comfort, consequences or truth? Below you will find a list of quotes by Nea.
- “People who are brutally honest get more satisfaction out of the brutality than out of the honesty.” -Richard J. Needham
- “A half truth is a whole lie.” -Yiddish Proverb
- “A truth that’s told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.” -William Blake
- “No pleasure is comparable to the standing upon the vantage-ground of truth.” -Francis Bacon
- “A harmful truth is better than a useful lie.” -Thomas Mann
- “The only way to tell the truth is to speak with kindness. Only the words of a loving man can be heard.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “Some people will not tolerate such emotional honesty in communication. They would rather defend their dishonesty on the grounds that it might hurt others. Therefore, having rationalized their phoniness into nobility, they settle for superficial relationships.” -Unknown
- “I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” –Pietro Ariteno
- “You can’t undo anything you’ve already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let God do the rest.” –Unknown
- “Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Truth never tranquilizes. The defining property of truth is its ability to disturb.” -Solomon Short
- “It is not nearly so important how well a message is received as how well it is sent. You cannot take responsibility for how well another accepts your truth; you can only ensure how well it is communicated. And by how well, I don’t mean merely how clearly; I mean how lovingly, how compassionately, how sensitively, how courageously, and how completely.” -Neale Donald Walsch
- “Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence.” -Henri-Frederic Amiel
- “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you” -Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.” -Maya Angelou
- “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic” -John F. Kennedy
- “Truth comes as conqueror only to those who have lost the art of receiving it as friend.” -Rabindranath Tagore
- “We tell lies when we are afraid… afraid of what we don’t know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.” -Tad Williams
- “The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.” –Ann Landers
- “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Falsehood is easy, truth so difficult.” -George Elliot
- “It is one of the severest tests of friendship to tell your friend his faults. So to love a man that you cannot bear to see a stain upon him, and to speak painful truth through loving words, that is friendship.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “A single lie destroys a whole reputation for integrity” -Baltasar Gracian
- “Peace if possible, truth at all costs.” -Martin Luther
- “Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.” -Chuck Swindoll
Having done such warfare videos in the past check out this new masterpiece from CBE Films!
PS. Check out how the end menu is created. I like it It would me more awesome if it were also in a loop tho.
[...] mid-night nude tank-driving!