CLI (Command Line Interface) = (Think textual, such as the command prompt or DOS)
GUI (Graphical User Interface) = (The Windows UI)
NUI (Natural User Interface) = (Think of physical interaction with a GUI)
OUI (Organic User Interface) = (Spend some time researching here)
This 4 player game has some serious potential.
Today I found a DSL project “TouchToolkit“.
name: DoubleTap validate Touch state: TouchUp Touch limit: 1 Touch step: 2 touches within 1 sec Touch area: Rect 50x50 including last 1 touch within 1 sec return Touch points
The question is do we really want to express touch gestures from a text file. What if we would want to record touch simulation and give it a name.
In the following image we have a file “Default.g” which is the container for recorded gestures.
With JSC the developer would be able to apply this recorded gesture on all platforms supported by jsc. More details on that soon enough.
If you are looking for multitouch hardware see this list.
See also: Dell Latitude XT multitouch drivers.
How will we define the gestures for our multitouch devices in the near future?
Here are some icons to describe various states of the touch points:
Here are some interesting scenarious;
- Open Source Gestures
- Touch Gesture Reference Card by Luke (pdf)
- See this paper by Florian Weil! And a presentation.
- DHTMLX library already has some support for touch!
- Defining a Gesture Ontology for Games
- Do we need touch events?
- Android Screen Interactions
- Kreativ Stop Motion (there is some lego tetris at thi end)
- sensory interfaces by interface ecology lab
- Gesture library teaser
- Asus transformer prime with 10 finger support
- Windows 8 Touch Events by Charles