“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
Have you ever dropped someone off just to wait them to return?
… did you atleast have something to read?
Have you ever launched a long running task on your computer?
… did you atleast made yourself a sandwich?
Such are the times you know when it’s time to start looking at other tasks during the wait.
Sometimes you have to wait. It’s how you spend that time that makes the difference.
Craig has put together extensive list of things to work on while waiting.
- Plan for the Wait
- Always have materials on hand
- Tasks suited to the Wait
- Review your calendar and Todo list
- The power of 10 minutes not watching TV
- Return calls
- Your computer in your pocket
- Rest – let your mind relax
- Slower is faster
- Why time files by as you get older
- Rethinking the role of a manager by Mitch
- Living longer by stretching psychological time by Scott
- Money is time by Sam
- Taking time by Angie
- Creating time to innovate by David
- The secret of a 29 hour day by Karol
- What are you waiting for by Nea
- How to Be Productive Where You Least Expect It by Craig
- How Not To Suck at Waiting by Joel
- 10 easy ways to get more reading done by Daniel