So there I am in need to apply accelerated learning tactics on a subject I need to absorb and make use of sooner than later. In order to do that I did some rapid research on the internet and this is the outline and take-away points I felt like being useful. Do follow the links to read more.
[…] If someone granted you one wish, what do you imagine you would want out of life that you haven’t gotten yet? – 77 Ways To Learn Faster
8. Take a hike. Changing your perspective often relieves tension, thus freeing your creative mind. Taking a short walk around the neighborhood may help.
14. Take a bath or shower. Both activities loosen you up, making your mind more receptive to recognizing brilliant ideas.
18. Every picture tells a story. Draw or sketch whatever it is you are trying to achieve. Having a concrete goal in mind helps you progress towards that goal.
35. Motivate yourself. Why do you want to learn something? What do want to achieve through learning? If you don’t know why you want to learn, then distractions will be far more enticing.
43. Read as much as you can. How much more obvious can it get? Use Spreeder (#33) if you have to. Get a breadth of topics as well as depth.
67. Do unto others: teach something. The best way to learn something better is to teach it to someone else. It forces you to learn, if you are motivated enough to share your knowledge.
[…] “In order for things to change, you must change. When you change, everything will change for you. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Success is what you attract by the person become.” – Jim Rohn
Learning by connections
The process of creating connections between ideas;õ
- First insights
- Expand on insights
- Trim back connections
You are searching for a pattern.
You acquire first seeds of understanding. To do that one has to be expose to as many explanations as possible.
Expand on Insights
One will start to find analogies and metaphors.
Trim back connections
Play devil’s advocate with your ideas. Reject idea connections which are flawed.
[…] If Neo could never be sure that he wasn’t in the Matrix, how can you and I be sure that we’re not in the Matrix? – by Moreland
Previous steps need to be repeated to learn ideas deeper and make the core concept of the idea more obvious.
The above steps were about “a process of figuring out what you do when you learn well”.
Broader Rules and Tactics
Rule #1: Spend time practicing skills. Concepts are to be learned by connections.
Rule #2: Concepts before facts.
Rule #3: Cramming is unproductive. Unconscious mind needs time to build new connections.
Rule #4: Make use of concept checklists.
Tactic #1: Simplify ideas and retell them as the listener was 5 year old.
Tactic #2: Which metaphor does and idea remind you?
Tactic #3: Use combination of visualizations and demonstrations.
Tactic #4: Deeper research on an idea will let to discover more connections.
Learn more here from Scott’s article.