[…] An employee has just resigned. The norm is that the employee tells you verbally that he or she is resigning from your company. Immediately ask the resigning employee for a resignation letter in writing with their final date of employment stated. – Susan
You want to hire the best applicant.
You want this applicant to choose your company.
When you are hiring, how does one conduct a job interview?
- Set a friendly tone – two minutes.
- Establish control of the meeting – two minutes.
- Ask questions– ten minutes.
- What accomplishment in your present job are you most proud of? What was your best idea (regardless of implementation)?
- What are your hobbies and interests? Are they useful to your career or in balancing the rest of your life?
- Which do you enjoy the most: working alone with information or working with other people?
An excellent candidate might say the different perspectives within a group produce more innovative ideas than one person working alone can, but without information, a team can’t get very far.
- What sort of work environment do you prefer? What brings out your best performance?
Probe for specifics. You want to find out whether this person is going to fit into your company.
- Sell the opportunity- three minutes.
- Answers questions and close— three minutes.
- Who will be my superior and what are his or her strengths and weaknesses?
- Indicate the conclusion of the interview with body language (e.g., glance at your watch or calendar) and by summarizing your remarks.
Reasons not to get job offer:
- Dressing inappropriately – 69%
- Appearing disinterested – 69%
- Appearing arrogant – 66%
- Speaking negatively about a current or previous employer – 63%
- Chewing gum – 59%
- Not providing specific answers – 35%
- Not asking good questions – 32%
- Keep eyes focused
- Active listening
- Handle Interruptions
See also: Playlist – How to Hire a New Employee
See also: Playlist – How to Conduct a job Interview
- Body Language during Job Interviews
- Job Interviewing Do’s and Don’ts
- How to conduct an effective employee interview.
- Conducting Job interviews
- Behavioral interview
- Job interviews
- Applicant Evaluation Form
- How to select job applicants
- The essentials of hiring employees
- Interview Questions for Senior Software Engineers by Scott
- Interview Questions by Jim
- Common mistake done by recruiters by E. Liew
- Best recruitment videos you will ever see by Sirona
- Questions for business analyst by Pooja
- What interview questions really try to discover by Seth