Whatif instead of a password, a internet service will ask you to upload a unique picture, and grant access based upon value of that unique picture.
August 24, 2016
So what can people do to change this?
No, I think we are at that point. I think it’s really important people understand this. We lost this fight. Just admit defeat and make sure next time you understand why you lost this fight and make sure it doesn’t happen again when we try and win the war.
Well, I think the focus needs to be that the internet is exactly the same as society. People might realize that it’s not a really good idea to have all of our data and files on Google, Facebook and company servers. All of these things need to be communicated al the way to the political top, of course. But stop treating internet like it’s a different thing and start focusing on what you actually want your society to look like. We have to fix society, before we can fix the internet. That’s the only thing.
August 23, 2016
Is it too hard for the system operating the hardwar to diagnose the fault in hardware and ask for a replacement unit from the vendor?
The device F:\ (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode device crash. Windows will no longer attempt to restart this device because the maximum restart limit has been reached. Disconnecting the device and reconnecting it, or disabling it and re-enabling it from the device manager, will reset this limit and allow the device to be accessed again. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.
The device F:\ (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 1 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.
A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.
The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR2, has a bad block.
The program explorer.exe version 6.1.7601.17567 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Encrypted volume check: Volume information on F: cannot be read.
August 21, 2016
For S6 to be able to VIEW IN GEARVR, it needs to be docked into GearVR, have the GearVR software installed. Oculus Login is not needed.
For timelapse, it needs DC power.
- Make sure a micro SD card is inserted. The card slot is located behind the door.
- Turn the camera on by pressing and holding the power button on the side.
- Make sure the camera is fully charged. On the camera screen, you can see the battery level.
- Press and hold the Menu button until you see “Gear 360 Manager”.
- Press the Menu button twice until until you see “Google Street View”.
- Press the button on the top of the camera to select this mode and turn on Wi-Fi.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged.
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- Connect your phone to the 360 camera’s wifi network (which will end in “.OSC”). The default password is the set of 8 numbers shown on the second line of the camera display.
- Open the Google Street View app .
- When the phone is connected to the camera, you’ll see a blue linked camera .
Computer\Samsung Galaxy S7 edge\Card\Android\data\com.samsung.android.samsunggear360manager
By default it does not seem to put any files on sdcard.
Nikon saved files at
Computer\Samsung Galaxy S7 edge\Phone\Nikon_WU\Capture\C18052016_001
- Download Gear 360 Action Director
- Bugs in Gear 360 Open Spherical Camera API implementation
- If you put the Gear 360 in Streetview mode it appears to support the Open Spherical Camera API.
- Street View Open Spherical Camera API
- connect the Gear 360 with the Streetview App
- Gear 360 StreetView mode problems
- unofficial, community-generated guide to using the RICOH THETA S API.
August 20, 2016
I’m just furious.
1. My efforts when I written code into Chrome Apps is lost. I spent enough time and hope on it to be profoundly disgusted.
2. The Dart workaround for Chrome Apps I written is now pointless.
3. We’ll have hard time to send UDP/TCP packets. Cool. Now how to do versatile clients that talks to many protocols? Funny.
4. Now, running an HTML offline-ready app will have a cost because of Origin-only APIs (at least $30/year because of domain name & hosting, I don’t even talk about running an Apache server etc), or it will need a localhost HTTP server to install & update (and run through the insane update process of each OS, especially Windows), and so it makes my app unavailable to ChromeOS.
5. Now, either you make a web app and ignore ChromeOS, or make a native app and ignore ChromeOS. ChromeOS will pay it a lot.
6. Migration guide does not even talk about NaCl. NaCl can be used to send UDP packets. Are they going to remove it as well?
I don’t know what I’m going to do now. That’s even the biggest problem. I don’t see any good looking solution.
Will I switch to native apps and the pain of each graphical toolkit? Stay to the web with a local server? Find a remote server to keep my apps, and proxify everything for TCP/UDP?
So for chrome extension to be able to use special api, it now needs a native app to be installed? Would it be any different from the hopping we did earlier already?
August 18, 2016
August 13, 2016
August 12, 2016
- What does the TA Fear
- What does the TA hate
- What angers the TA
- What does the TA love
- What does the TA consider shameful or embarrasing
- What is the TA dissatisified with
- What are the cultural norms for the TA
- What does the TA value
- What are the TA’s frustrations
August 11, 2016
the entire season 3 of 1993 Biker Mice from Mars has been lost to the sands of time
DVDs were never released and it can only be found in french or russian.
Rick Ungar, the creator of the Biker Mice, had some comments about the status of the original series
August 10, 2016
August 5, 2016
July 31, 2016
July 30, 2016
July 28, 2016
July 27, 2016
July 26, 2016
seems the companies know no boundaries anymore. on my S7 the facebook oculus home seems to want to install yet another update.
the software as it is right now is just fine.
i can use the device. i can interact with the gyro and the gpu.
the oculus home is not part of the use case for me, since it does not show my icons. that makes it useless.
if i could i would disable and replace oculus home on the development device.
so, now we have windows 10 and gearvr where both are misusing the internet connection to disrespect the users will. if you are an employee or an agent of these companies, you must wonder how akward the situation would be if you were to come to my device in person to “upgrade” it. we all know where this is going. shame tho.
it seems the only option will be to ban and intercept network traffic to make the companies comply with the will of the user.
July 19, 2016
July 18, 2016
July 16, 2016
July 15, 2016
- Account was made recently 2015, 2016.
- Account has no history published for earlier years, but Facebook says they have been a member since 2009, etc.
- Most fake accounts have 1 image or no real profile photo of the person. Some may only have a select few photos over a long span of time. A well seasoned user would have more photos posted over a long period of time. A fake account may have 7-10 photos posted on the same day.
- User has very few friends in common and or friends in general.
- There is little to no interaction on their page with friends, no comments, likes or responses over their long time line.
- Profile picture seems to good to be true, that hot model added you today! They even messaged you and are interested in you!
- When in doubt use reverse image search. Take their image and see if it is a real person or not.
- When in doubt deny, deny, deny.
- Here’s How to ID a Fake Account